Monday, August 10, 2009

*yawwwwwn*

Been a bit ill over the past few days, but thought i'd post once more before getting into the uni stuff (YUCK!). I'll only make it a short one, but i got pondering today whether or not people think about what they say before they say it. For example, where i work, we have alot of students. (I'm being sneaky here again....can't reveal my *awesome* identity). One student brought their laptop that needed fixing - as i said, i'm a spunky can-do career girl in IT - and making idle chit-chat he says, "It's been so cold here, when is it summer in *particular town*?"

*stares blankly* - "Uhh, usually in the summer months....you know, like, December to February..."

*student screws up face* - "What?!? I'm not even going to BE here then...is it going to be winter until then?"

*looks down at computer to avoid eye contact* - "No usually we have a bit of an in-betweener called Spring."

*student smiles* - "Oh yeah! ....Spring!"

I quickly finished up and sent him on his merry way. Won't tell you what he was studying, but you *do* need a UAI of 90 + hmmm...

That's about it for now. I think i'll do some actuall uni work (hehe)...

Sayonara!

2 comments:

  1. Since I first started uni back in 05 I quickly realized that university students are some of the DUMBEST people I have ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ash,
    Good to chat on wednesday. CSU is a great uni, i did my Bach Sci Degree there. Oh and the winery is great!

    ReplyDelete