Thursday, October 29, 2009

Topic 8.1, 8.2

My Walk -

I took my heavily pregnant dog for a walk today. It was sunny out and slowly dark was creeping in, with very minimal wind, and barely anyone else on the road, so i took Skye around the block as the poor thing hasn't been able to get out lately due to her ever-increasing belly. We started our leisurely stroll, stepping onto the warm bitumen, and breathing the warm, flavoursome air that is our neighbour hood at dinner time. Skye and I took off around the corner in the fresh evening atmosphere and smelling the different smells around the neighbourhood, walking under trees and smelling their flowers and fruit, and past water features that give a familiar smell of rain. We set up the hill back towards our home past the Quarry and it's small pine forest, smelling the strong, clean scent of pine needles, and watching baby magpies being fed as we reached our home, where Skye promptly curled up on the couch to sleep.

(She is having 6 pups! :D)

8.2 -

Well this is certainly weird - im interviewing myself with my OWN questions :S. It is hard to think of questions to ask myself.

1) In Facebook, where do I draw the line between the workgroups with fellow students and work colleagues and keeping in touch with friends and relatives?

So far i hav not kept a distinct line between these two groups. Since joining facebook my friends list just keeps growing and growing and if someone requests me as a friend, i will usually accept provided i know who they are, not making sure they are close friends, if i know the name i will add them.

2) With all the new social networks i have joined where do i draw the line at time spent on these sites?

Each one ive joined i like, and i wont be deleting them after this subject comes to a close. I think that if i check these sites a few times a week it will be ok. I have found a sense of belonging at each site, so it will be hard to break from my once per day checking and posting to 3 times per week tops.

3)Do i plan ti stay in contact with my peers from this subject?

Some of the users i was already friends with before the start of this subject. Others i have become friends with, and some i am willing to keep in contact with via social networks as a purpose for discussing uni only, not my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment